Singapore is not in China, OK?!

Yahoo! Answers: where is Singapore? Is it in China?

When I saw this question at the frontpage of Yahoo! Answers Singapore, I had two reaction: one) I rolled my eyes and called the person "dumbass" in my head, two) I laughed like mad.

Actually, I guess you can't blame the person for being ignorant, since Singapore is really tiny. But since I'm a Singaporean, I really can't help but have the initial reaction of thinking this person is seriously nuts to ask this kind of question. Singapore? CHINA?! Far, far from it. We are a few countries and a Strait of Johor apart.

Anyway, after getting over the dumb question, I scrolled down to read the answers, some of which is really funny.

"are you american?only an american could ask such question...."

"Excuse me, is your real name is George W Bush?!"

"China is a parts of Singapore. sorry, is China Town . people speak first class of English and Chinese ( Mandarin ) . Singapore hold many World FIRST ! The world highly Flyer's is in Singapore ! Our PM is the mose high paid in the world , even President of USA cant compare .Singapore provide World Class of public Transport systems ( according to our Transport Ministers ) ! ...and many other ..Oh , Singapore is fully Independent country . one of the UN member since 1965 ."

"No, Singapore is in the North Pole. We speak polar bear language."

"i tot they are in india ???????????????????????????"
(Fittingly answered by a user called "idiot". Maybe he's trying to be funny. Well, you did it, congrats!)

"SIngapore is not part of earth. Is part of mars. We are all allien."


Of course many answered properly and gave the blur-kia a short Geography lesson, I assume most shouldn't be Singaporean.

I don't know why I did it, but I searched the entire question in Google and found a few more hilarious and ridiculous things:
Package stating Singapore is a state of China
SPH is a China company?!

For the last time, Singapore is not in China.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni

Connections

OMFG!