NORAEBANG!!!!!

Annyong blog!

Guess where I am, because it's a rather random place - the library.
It's Saturday and man, is there plenty of people, almost couldn't find a socket for my lappie's adaptor.

I'm here with my 女兒 at the AMK library and I'm not borrowing anything except leeching power supply like many others. The library's so damn crowded that I'm not even using my laptop on top of a table and in a comfortable chair! Instead I'm sitting like L and people are staring at me like I'm an alien when they walk past...

OK, 女兒 just came back from looking for English books - let's take a photo...!
'Kay we took it but I'm not posting it up. Heh!

Anyway, finally went to the noraebang yesterday! =))))
The time in the noraebang was fun, but what's seriously hilarious was what happened before we managed to get into it.

So we decided to go to this never-before-heard-of noraebang called Cash Studio because it's like the only noraebangs with Japanese karaoke system. I only knew there's 2 branches of CS and since we both wanted to go to a ulu one so we won't get chased out of the room even when our time was up, we went to the one at Apollo Center.

"WTF is Apollo Center?!" I dunno. Really.
Because one of the suayest thing on earth that happened was: it was torn down and was getting rebuilt!

We really couldn't believe our eyes at all. Of all things to happen (closed down, not opened on a public holiday...), the whole building was actually torn down?! Omg, wtheck! We totally felt like someone just slapped us in the face.

Thank goodness I knew there was another one in Orchard, even though I didn't know the name of the building. We took a bus down from Clarke Quay, checked the locality map outside of Shaw House and I knew which building it was once I saw the name, Ming Arcade.

As if we weren't suay enough, when we took the lift down to basement 3, the lift's door opened bu the entrance to the noraebang was blocked! By some rusty, metal and black door? Like some sort of horror movie. Really scary, what's more the whole building was really deserted - we didn't really dare to walk around the upper storeys of the building.

女兒插播:
Since we couldn't get in through the lift way, we decided to try the elevator. But when we got in the freaking building, it was totally freaky!
Trust me.
Not a single shop was open, and lights were off. Except a few(which were flickering by the way). And there was this extremely eerie sound which I can't even describe. It was like the perfect place and situation for crimes or paranormal incidents to happen. We were practically helpless, and given the
not-so-usual environment, we kind of felt like getting the hell out.

Just then we heard footsteps approaching...

Thank god it was a MAN. Not something else.

We were the first customers of the day but when we finally managed to get into the place, the receptionist told us all the rooms with the ClubDAM machines were fully booked! ;________;

But maybe the god of luck pitied us or something, the nice lady told us "We can give you the room with the KOREAN karaoke machine instead though! ^^" (Yes, she really gave us that kind of expression, or am I just too happy to get in?) She mentioned that even though it's a Korean kara-system, there's at least a few hundred(?) Japanese song!

You know all good deals under the sky have Terms and Conditions - just like the pity that we got. We got lucky and had the Korean k-room, but the price was we had to spend almost half an hour (1 and 1/2 in 女兒's opinion) to figure out how to use the damn system. The songbooks was (女兒: damn heavy la, WTH!) really hard to use since the songs were categorised by the first Korean and Japanese syllable. But we overcame that ever since we realised the system had a search engine! Whoots!

Obviously, the first person we searched for was Dong Bang, who had limited songs too, up till the "O Jung Ban Hap" album. No "Mirotic" even though the counter person said it was a new machine. Obviously not new enough!

First song I sang was Micky's "Foxrain"...and I totally butchered it! ;___; Damn sore throat.

Believe it or not but it's like the first time I actually heard BaBii sing.
Seriously, i mean. Not just some random humming which she usually does anyway.
And I was rather taken aback because her voice totally changed and I (Me: I blame the sore throat!!!!!!!!) was so doubtful about this person in front of me singing was actually Bobby the Great.

Too bad, cause I looked up from the huge stack of songbooks and there was no
one else but BaBii holding the mikeeeeeee.

Oh, did we mention there was 2 machines in the room? We could switch to either one whenever we liked. The first song I tried to sing was "Make A Secret" by BoA but it was pretty much a failure cause I figured that one was too much for a starter. (ME: Now that I think about it maybe "Foxrain" was too high-pitched to start with, with a sore throat to boot)

To BaBii: Hey, stop being a copycat!
Me: Bleh! Faster type more!!
JL to Babii: How much are you paying me for one word??
Me: Erm, one hour of friendship?! HAHA! VERY EXPENSIVE ONE OKAY!
JL: Can you make that 3 hours?
Cause this way we would have friendship that I can't even see the ending of it.
Me: OK, as long as it's not $3.
JL: Great. Make it 3 days then. -beams-
WL: Like that 干脆 forever! Settled!
JL: DEAL.

We then sang countless songs of Dong Bang, BoA, and Bobby also sang Utada's, Koda Kumi's and so on. For me I sang "Reason" which we found it painstakingly. I practically went crazy when clever BaBii found that song for me! When the song finally came after like 873256348574694songs and I was singing happily until the pre-chorus ONLY, "DEAR" BaBii unknowingly sat on the remote button which says nothing else but "CANCEL".

Stop gloating over my misfortune. (WL: -continues laughing at the fact that her 女兒 cancelled one of her own songs with her butt too-)

JL: Aye! You could've kept that to yourself! =^^"'=

Hahaha!

Anyway, I think we weren't high mostof the time, because whenever we get high enough, someone would come in and tell us "2 more songs!". MEH! So ruthless! Haha!

We tried singing both Japanese and Korean songs of Dong Bang but my 女兒 that 老鼠屎 kept getting the lyrics wrong, HAHAHA! The Korean songs...well, ok, we were both the mouse shit.

女兒:
I didn't shit everything up can! I did several songs pretty well! (Those non-DB ones) Cause how many times do I have to tell you it's been light years since I listened to DB song which is in "O"Jung.Ban.Hap and earlier albums!(Which are practically the songs the karaoke machine has)
I felt my best songs sung were 오늘 그대본다면(If You Were Here), Reason, Winter Love(which Bobby sincerely applaused during the 間奏, and I was so damn happy cause I definitely didn't expect any). OMG, it's seriously such a great sense of satisfaction when someone really thinks your singing is great (^^) and applause is really an encouragement (:


My 女兒 - While singing a BoA song, I think...?

Hahaha! My 女兒 leh! :D

I had a lot of fun that's for sure. "Rising Sun" is our get-high song. We really screamed like what Yunho did. Man, we should have recorded it! =(

The post is really long, but it does no justice to how much fun we had (minus the initial disappointment and frustration, i.e.)

I want to go again! =))))

JL: ME TOO!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni

Connections

OMFG!