鼎力支持 My OTP -SoEulmates!


OTP (ō-tē-pē)
n. One True Pair(ing). Used to refer to a couple in any fictional drama/story/etc that the user supports: So Yi Jung and Chu Ga Eul are the OTP in "Boys Over Flowers"!


Am I bored or what? Haha! I'm on a "Boys Over Flowers" high and I'm free (like always...), so here I am to give my twoo cents about and profess my love for the loveliest on-screen couple!
(Man, too bad they're both supporting actors.)

SoEulmates


about;
SoEulmates, the One True Pair made up of So Yi Jung (Kim Bum) and Chu Ga Eul (Kim So Eun), my favourite characters from "Boys Over Flowers". So Yi Jung is part of F4 and is a potter, while Chu Ga Eul is just an ordinary high school student(?) that works part-time at a porridge shop. Through her best friend, Geum Jan Di's acquintance with F4, she got to know So Yi Jung and through some uncanny twist of fate, Ga Eul falls in love with him. Will Yi Jung, too?

Read more here.

yi jung/kim bum;

[fangirling]I love this guy! OMG, his smile is so pretty.[/fangirling]


Ahem.

This character is a joy to watch most of the time except when he dragged Ga Eul out on a fake date and tried to pir her up with his father, also a flirt. I like this character's past and I think that's becuase of the production team's commendable character development. -applauds- I love the parts where he self-destructs himself by doing all sorts of stupid things. The sudden transformation from the happy-go-lucky lady's man to the emo guy-in-pain was proves how people may not seem as happy as they look.

Part of the credit for my love for this character is also due to Kim Bum excellent acting. For his age, I think he acts very sincerely and with all his effort. Scenes of him crying on the bench in his house are rather tear-jerking, IMO.

ga eul/so eun;
I love her innocent charm. Period.
She may not be as pretty as Seo Hyun (Han Chae Young), but So Eun's face and charisma are very pure and that's what makes her/Ga Eul beautiful. In Yi Jung's words, Ga Eul is a "good" and "dumb" girl that his rules forbid him to hurt. -together- Aww!

Just my assumption, but I believe So Eun's the very kind of person that Ga Eul is so it's easy for her to portray this character.
Ga Eul is childlike in many good ways, but she has her mature moments too. What I admire (not sure if this is the right word) most about her is her strong belief in "true love" or the one and only soulmate that will stay with for the rest of your life. If such a person ever appeared, she will never let him go. It might seem like a fantasy, but I do believe in true love too, that's why I like Ga Eul.

yi jung & ga eul;

In the earlier episodes, the couple's appearances are mostly to add comic relief as well as a break from all the JunDiHoo drama. But now that that the show's ending, the couple have regular and extended screen time for their couple development. I'm always looking forward to their scenes and I'm dying! To know! How! They'll end up!

The couple attracts me because of how realistic they seem compared to Joon Pyo and Jan Di. IMO, the top two realistic couples are SoEul and HooDi. (Does that mean the ending will be Ji Hoo x Jan Di?!)
SoEul's progress is very visible and believable. Perhaps Joon Pyo's actions float Jan Di's boat, but to me, Yi Jung's are more heartwarming. Even though he may not have already realised, but Ga Eul's thoughtfulness and persistance in helping him overcome his fears have already touched him.
You are each other's soulmate, Yi Jung! Realise this, please!

happy ending;
Couple theme song (me thinks) - 어떡하죠 Freaking nice song by loveholic's ex-lead singer, Jisun!
Perfect place for more SoEul - Official Soompi Thread
Kim Bum's minihompy
So Eun's minihompy
Wow, long entry, huh? Haha! Boredom, this is.
Please support my OTP, SoEulmates!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni

Connections

OMFG!