MIROTIC-DAY!

IT'S THE 26th of SEPTEMBER 2008!
-pops confetti-

Maybe I should control myself.
Argh, whatever.

Pon-ed school today to stay home and study. Read through E Maths 10-Year series and did a Physics Paper 1. Planned to finish an A Maths paper too, but how can I?! I was so darn distracted almost all the questions I did ended up with wrong answers - and I knew how to do them. Once my Dad came home I could finally use the computer so I quickly fired up my Firefox (pun not intended) but being the suay kia that I am, of course it lagged like mad! <____<

Anyway, all is fine since I got to listen to the "MIROTIC" album!

Before I get on with it, I read from the Dong Bang soompi thread that there's going to be 3 more versions of the album?! Are you kidding me?! Hopefully it stays as it is - a rumour. Otherwise, please don't be better than Version A!

-----



No need to talk about "주문-MIROTIC" - it's good and we know it.

First song I listened to was of course "넌 나의 노래 (You're My Melody) ". Love at first listen when I watched a fancam of it. DBSK's official site calls it the continuation of "On & On" from the third album, "O". Lyrics has "On & On" too. I don't pay much attention to "On & On" but this continuation is definitely my type.

Next song I heard was "Wrong Number". The chorus is kinda addictive, in a different way compared to "MIROTIC". If anyone calls you up early in the morning asking if you fix cars or "Are you a so-and-so government agency?", the chorus is perfect. Reminiscent of "DARKNESS EYES" from "T", albeit less depressing. Jae Joongie sounds good in rapping too! I wonder when will Changmin rap too. (Maybe he did, in this song, but I didn't notice)

"HEY! (Don't bring me down)" is slightly different from the leaked version. I like the "Give it away now" better than the "Break it down now". And I totally don't like the chipmunked "Break it down now". Still a great song though!

After I listened to most songs, I thought "Eh? So club-ish?" But actually, it shouldn't be a surprise since the album is under the "dance" genre (official site says so)!

"악녀 (Are You A Good Girl?) " is so the clubbing song. Like "HEY!", "O Jung Ban Hap", "Rising Sun" etc, it's composed by Yoo Young Jin. A very different style from his usual. The "Good giiiirrrl" part is amusing.

"CRAZY LOVE" is another of my favourite on the album. Positive and spring-ish, reminds me of BoA feat. M-flo's "Love Bug". Sounds futuristic.

Unrelated, but I wonder if one fine day Holy Ma and her Clubbing Girls friends will dance to Dong Bang's "악녀" or "CRAZY LOVE".
God, thinking about the scene...-shivers-
Better not.

Moving on...
"무지개 (RAINBOW) " sounds like a song you would hear in classy bar (until the chorus, where it gets high). Kinda "Tokyo Lovelight", but mellower. Or it sounds electronica. Or like a mild dance song? The chorus has a "I'm so happy walking down the street and it's a great day" vibe. I like.

"낙원 (PARADISE) " has got Indian sitars as accompaniment! First thing that came to my mind was "Moulin Rouge" and the totally "WTH just happened?!" scene where Christian and Satine came up with a impromptu play in Satine's room. No, the song does not sound like it'll fit nicely into that scene though. It's kinda like "Hey! Girl" - soothing and calm. Ahh, okay, I get why it's called "Paradise". "Flower Lady" has a similiar feel.

"노을..바라보다(Picture of You)". Lyrics written by Junsu! The Korean name actually means something like "Look at the sunset/afterglow/etc" according to translations. I like the verses but the song needs more hearing to like.

"Love in the Ice" is good in any language. The lyrics add to the atmosphere, but the tune itself says everything. This version sounds better than the Japanese's recorded version though.

I thought "잊혀진 계절 (Forgotten Season)" wasn't gonna be on Ver. A or B but on the remoured Ver. D, where members' songs will be included. Jae's solo cover of an old Korean song. Consistent, emotional and good singing throughout. Ballads is so his kind of song.

-----

Can't wait til the day I get the album. And please, if there's really gonna be new versions, remember to include the photobook too!

Waiting for 12, 13, 19 October and the end of O levels!
Maybe I should go Psychology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni

Connections

OMFG!