地獄少女: Episode 01 - 05

Due to Memento's high rating(?) for this show and my interest, I decided to download this show. But the 3 episodes after the first of this series is seriously boring.

The first episode was an eye-opener - I was amused/fascinated by show...the Jigoku Shoujo's Jumon for the Hell-ferrying...etc etc, but the 3 episodes that followed was just a change of scenario for episode one - it's like watching episode one for 4 times. OK, you probably don't understand the previous sentence, what about...: It's like the storyboard is written with a template which goes

Problem > Hatred > Revenge > Incantation > Ferry > Showing of the Hell Mark > Candle with Avenger's name.

-yawn- I mean, yea ,you can't do anything much with this type of anime - protagonist with a job to do. The episodes will definitely "repeat" in an endless cycle.

But, of course, it is not exactly endless - you'll get some kind of antagonist after a while or, impossibly, the protagonist's fired and he/she loses his/her job. That's the only reason I'm still enduring the Cycle - I believe a twist, which will probably interest me, will come (I mean, Memento wouldn't give a good rating if the twist sucked, ne?).

One thing which I looked forward to, is the mortal misuse of Jigoku Tsushin (”地獄通信”) to "take revenge" on someone who does not deserve it, eg. victim of a misunderstanding. Episode 5 finally had something along those lines, although finally a revenge is still granted. Basically, episode 5 is a "twist"-ed version of a normal Cycle-episode where the resolution is reached after a more in-depth(?) storyline.

So right now, I feel like I'm watching the first season of Pokemon. O____o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni

Connections

OMFG!