Snippets of My Life #1-2

#1

I sent the apologies to Dana and the 이상한 언니.

I don't know what came over me, but the morning after I posted the previous blogpost, I wrote to the two of them. Last I checked, they both seemed to not have read it. It doesn't make me disappointed though; I'm just glad I plucked up the courage to even do that. It's not me trying to give myself a pat on the back, though I wonder again if apologies only benefit the wrongdoer since it doesn't erase the suffering the victim has to go through. Like I wrote previously, I only hope that the apology conveys how much I regret my actions and makes them feel better, no matter how slightly it is.

I guess this is closure then?


#2

I was reading Demian and towards the end of Chapter 1, he was recounting how he feared Kromer's whistle. I had a similar fear towards something too, and how I developed that pretty much follows the same formula as Demian: a misdeed.

I was in secondary school and had no CCA even when it was compulsory to have one. So the overall teacher-in-charge of CCAs would approach me in school and even call home to bother me about it (doesn't help that I used to be in the one that he was overseeing). Whenever the house phone rings, I would be so afraid, thinking every phone call is from him looking for my parents to coerce me into a CCA. And I think I've only truly shed that fear after university, 'cause obviously I wasn't the best student and was frequently cutting classes!

I've wondered how I would fare as a murderer, but judging from how timid I am, I'm not gonna be a good one that's for sure.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kirameku Namida wa Hoshi ni

Connections

OMFG!